Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Tribute to March


March.

Physically three months ago, but it feels like years ago.

Two months in moving back to Korea, and when things were still new to me. When I was fascinated of street vendors and marts were a paradise. Where everyone talked in a familiar language, I could converse with anyone, and I didn’t have to worry about inadvertently “standing out”.

When I still missed India and my old school. Friends back in India bid me goodbye, and me reading the last text messages they’ve sent me. I was alert of every little details of my old school friends told me through facebook, sympathizing and feeling bitter that I had to miss all that. I felt like an astronaut whose cord was snapped so that I was flying away, aimlessly, in the vast space. I skyped all day everyday with friends I missed.

When I first saw snow in four years and got dead excited about it. The night when I moved in to KMLA, I was greeted by feathery, glowing snow. Snow is an amazing substance. It feels great when the soft airy ice dribble gently down on me. The ambitious but a rather timid grunch beneath my feet motivates me to stroll down the streets.

When everyone in the 18th wave were beginning to know each other. When there were stupid cliques, but when everyone tried to befriend each other and stay together. Everyone was just so excited to come to school and meet new people.

When we had the entrance ceremony. So new, so young and fresh, we were all exhilarated to become legitimate students of KMLA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment